The Pauper Gauntlet begins today!
You can now submit your decks in the comments to the main article on mtgolibrar.com: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-pauper-gauntlet.html
Let me say that again: You can not submit your deck in the comments to this article, you have to go to the article named “The Pauper Gauntlet” on mtgolibrary.com here: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-pauper-gauntlet.html
Things to think about when you submit your deck on mtgolibary.com
You will need to submit a link to your deck list including a sideboard plan in the comments to the post on mtgolibrary.com
* Your deck is submitted for possible entry into the Pauper Gauntlet by posting in the comments on mtgolibrary.com (and nowhere else).
* Your deck must have a deck list available on a web site that I can link to. There are several such services. Here is one: http://tappedout.net/mtg-deck-builder/
* You should include a sideboard plan to help me play the deck. The better you make the sideboard plan, the better my chances are to win with the deck. Remember that a majority of Magic duels are played after sideboarding. Here is a good example of a template for a sideboard plan: http://magicgatheringstrat.com/2014/07/pauper-gauntlet-competitor-13-stompy/
* Your deck is more likely to be approved if it is unique (no similar deck is already approved), if it has community interest, if it has achieved results in Daily Events or Premier Events, if you have a sideboard plan and if you have tips about playing the deck.
* You can submit a deck until noon GMT+2 September 10th in the comments on mtgolibrary.com. If you submit later, your deck will not be in the second season of the Pauper Gauntlet.
* I have the final say whether a deck is approved or not.
* The list of all the decks approved for the second season of the Pauper Gauntlet will be posted on mtgolibrary’s blog on September 14th 2014.
* You do not have to have access to Magic Online to submit a deck. In fact, several brewers were not on Magic Online for the last season. After all, you don’t play your own deck in the Pauper Gauntlet. I play all decks.
Once again – submit your decks in the comments to my article on mtgolibrary.com and not here.
The prequalified decks
23 decks were prequalified for the Gauntlet.
Those are, in the order they will play round 1:
Deck #1: Illusory Tricks
Deck #3: Exhume Control
Deck #4: Izzet Control
Deck #5: The Green One
Deck #6: DelverFiend
Deck #12: BorosKitty
Deck #14: AzoriusKitty Shaffa Style
Deck #16: AzoriusKitty Power Style
Deck #18: White Hot Hottie
List is presented later in this article
Deck #19: Icy Hot Hottie
Deck #20: Familiars Sparow style
Deck #21: Five Color Green
Deck #23: Affinity
White Hot Hottie
jphsnake’s deck Icy Hot Hottie earned a spot in this years Gauntlet by making it far in the first season of the Pauper Gauntlet. He did not feel comfortable with the list in a post-Temporal Fissure environment so he remade the deck into Icy Hot Hottie. I felt that this list was quite different, so I simply allowed both decks to enter the Gauntlet.
[d title=”White Hot Hottie by jphsnake”]
1 Evolving Wilds
2 Boros Garrison
2 Dimir Aqueduct
4 Terramorphic Expanse
3 Kor Skyfisher
2 Walker of the Grove
4 Angelic Renewal
3 Seal of Fire
1 Rush of Knowledge
4 Journey to Nowhere
4 Flame Slash
3 Darksteel Ingot
1 Rush of Knowledge
4 Ingot Chewer
1 Kor Sanctifiers
3 Lone Missionary
Looking forward to your deck submissions!
For more about what the Pauper Gauntlet is, check out this video
Submit your decks here: