Get your Standard Pauper lists together, because it’s time to get this league rolling! Here is a quick reminder of how this thing works.
1. You get 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. A BYE counts as a win.
2. It is the responsibility of the winner to report their win. They should do so in the comment section of that week’s post. Your comment should look something like this: “Hi, bava beat fanofhistory this week, 2-0.”
3. Communicate early and often. I will only send out the one email with all your contact information. Don’t lose it! Get in touch by email (it is much more effective than waiting around on MTGO). If no one communicates with each other or with me, that week’s pairing will be considered a draw. After two consecutive draw weeks due to lack of communication, you will be removed from the League. If one person is attempting to communicate and the other person is not, they should let me know. I will attempt to solve issues when I can, but when that doesn’t work out, the person who is trying to communicate will always get the win. Don’t wait until the last minute.
4. After the initial email (which you will get twice), all official league announcements will happen here on the site. You can always stay up to date with the link on the home page or by keeping tabs on the Events page. You can also get updates by liking us on Facebook or following me on Twitter.
5. We’ll play 4 weeks of Swiss and then cut to Top 8. The league will end by December 19th.
6. You can drop at any time. Please let me know if you’d like to drop before the next week’s pairings go up. You will always be welcomed back into subsequent league events.
There is currently no prize support for this league. We’re just playing for funsies. That said, I do want to give stuff away. So …
If we reach our team goal of $200 raised for Extra Life by the end of the league, I will guarantee at least $50 in prize support for the Top 3.
You can donate here.
Week One Pairings
With further ado, here they are. Good luck, have fun! If you have any questions, get in touch.