Get your Pauper lists together, because it’s time to get this league rolling!
First, a shout-out to our Patrons. Without our supporters on Patreon we would not be able to do these leagues, which now occur every 2 months. For as little as $2 per month you let us do awesome things. If you’re not a patron already, please consider signing up today.
Here is a quick reminder of how this thing works.
1. Classic Pauper lists may include commons from MTGO sets. It’s an official format in Magic Online, so just use the Pauper filter and you’re all set. You may play a new list every week or keep the same list, so long as each list is Pauper legal.
2. You get 3 points for a match win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss. A BYE counts as a win.
3. It is the responsibility of the winner to report their win. They should do so in the comment section of that week’s post. Your comment should look something like this: “Hi, fanofhistory beat bava this week, 2-1.” Report by the end of Thursday each week.
4. Communicate early and often. I will only send out the one email with all your contact information. Don’t lose it! Get in touch by email (it is much more effective than waiting around on MTGO). If no one communicates with each other or with me, that week’s pairing will be considered a draw. After two consecutive draw weeks due to lack of communication, you will be removed from the League. If one person is attempting to communicate and the other person is not, they should let me know. I will attempt to solve issues when I can, but when that doesn’t work out, the person who is trying to communicate will always get the win. Don’t wait until the last minute.
5. After the initial email all official league announcements will happen here on the site. I will update every Friday. You can always stay up to date with the link on the home page or by keeping tabs on the Events page. You can also get updates by liking us on Facebook or following me on Twitter @bava_mtg.
6. We’ll play 4-5 weeks of Swiss and then cut to Top 8. The league will end by June 28.
7. You can drop at any time. Please let me know if you’d like to drop before the next week’s pairings go up. You will always be welcomed back into subsequent league events.
8. Chat about the league or share lists over in our forums.
9. Contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks to Jason Sirichoke (jsiri84) for contributing a $10 MTGO Traders Gift Certificate to the prize pool.
The winner of the league will receive 5 tickets and a $10 MTGO Traders Gift Certificate.
Second place will receive 5 tickets.
The best-ranking patron in the league will receive 10 tickets in addition to any other prizes they are due.
The winning patron will have to have been in good standing for at least one month, so go sign up now if you haven’t already!
I will double the prize payouts if we reach Patreon support of $200 by the end of May and maintain it through the end of the event.
Week One Pairings
With further ado, here they are. Good luck, have fun! If you have any questions, get in touch.