Get your Extended Pauper lists together, because it’s time to get this league rolling!
First, a shout-out to our Patrons. Without our supporters on Patreon we would not be able to do these leagues, which now occur every 2 months. For as little as $2 per month you let us do awesome things. If you’re not a patron already, please consider signing up today. I also want to remind you that if you become a patron before the end of July you will be eligible for the patron prize at the end, and if we hit $250 total before the end of the month and maintain that level throughout this event, I would DOUBLE all prize payouts.
Really, y’all, every little bit helps!
Here is a quick reminder of how this thing works.
1. Extended Pauper lists may include commons from Standard-rotation MTGO sets from Innistrad through Origins. Use the “Pauper” filter on MTGO, but make sure you are not using cards that were commons in previous sets but are uncommon in a recent set (e.g. Rancor). If you have questions about which sets are legal, or specific cards, ask in the comments. It’s better to be sure now than to get DQed for using illegal cards. Origins cards will be legal in MTGO starting on Monday, July 27. If you see an opponent using illegal cards, take a screenshot and send it to me. You may play a new list every week or keep the same list, so long as each list is Extended Pauper legal.
2. You get 3 points for a match win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss. A BYE counts as a win.
3. It is the responsibility of the winner to report their win. They should do so in the comment section of that week’s post. Your comment should look something like this: “Hi, fanofhistory beat bava this week, 2-1.” Report by the end of Thursday each week.
4. Communicate early and often. I will only send out the one email with all your contact information. Don’t lose it! Get in touch by email (it is much more effective than waiting around on MTGO). If no one communicates with each other or with me, that week’s pairing will be considered a draw. After two consecutive draw weeks due to lack of communication, you will be removed from the League. If one person is attempting to communicate and the other person is not, they should let me know. I will attempt to solve issues when I can, but when that doesn’t work out, the person who is trying to communicate will always get the win. Don’t wait until the last minute.
5. After the initial email all official league announcements will happen here on the site. I will update every Friday. You can always stay up to date with the link on the home page or by keeping tabs on the Events page. You can also get updates by liking us on Facebook or following me on Twitter @bava_mtg.
6. We’ll play 5 weeks of Swiss and then cut to Top 8. The league will end by September 6th.
7. You can drop at any time. Please let me know if you’d like to drop before the next week’s pairings go up. You will always be welcomed back into subsequent league events.
8. Chat about the league or share lists over in our forums.
9. Contact me if you have any questions.
MagicGatheringStrat is proud to list Cardhoarder as an official sponsor of all our events going forward. Cardhoarder has been serving the MTGO community since 2005, and with new ownership since 2014 has shown renewed vigor to improve the way they serve their customers and create innovation in the MTGO community.
I have personally switched all of my singles purchases for MTGO from MTGOTraders to Cardhoarder and have had a top-notch experience. I highly recommend them. Shop online or use their bots by searching for #cardhoarder in the Trade screen.
We are happy to welcome additional sponsors or donations to the prize pool. If you’re interested, please get in touch.
The winner of this event will receive 35 bot credits from Cardhoarder.
Second place will receive 15 bot credits from Cardhoarder.
In addition, the best-ranking patron in the league will receive 10 tix. This will be in addition to any prizes already won by placing first or second in the event.
The winning patron will have to have been in good standing for at least one month, so go sign up now if you haven’t already!
I will double the prize payouts (with tickets) if we reach Patreon support of $250 by the end of July and maintain it through the end of the event.
Week One Pairings
With further ado, here they are. Good luck, have fun! If you have any questions, get in touch.